poonam.gandhi

Hi All
A very happy new year to all!!!!!. Good news is that I have been selected a best employee for the session. We have a process to select and give the award to an outstanding employee once in a five year.
Can anyone give a some idea how to express on this occasion to thank my bosses and to make a effective acceptance speech. Please post me your thoughts. I look forward to your valuable suggestion.
Regards
Poonam

From India, Delhi
kamesh333

Poonam Congrats. It's a great achievement. Keep it us & Continue the Good work. It is your smart work hence don't be more on towards part I opine that you should share how you planned your work, achieved, succeeded and the how you over come your hardships you faced so that the management will be happy to listen & as well as it will be a road map for other colleagues to follow.
Thanks - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
bpugazhendhi

It depends on the nature of your work and for what specific achievement you have been awarded. If the nature of work is individualistic then the approach suggested by Kamesh333 in the above post will be appropriate. If it is team work then you have to mention about those in the team whose contributions helped to achieve and thank them adequately on this occasion. You must also express some humility by stating that there are more equally,if not more, talented persons around and thank the selectors including your boss to have recommended your name on the face of such tough competition.
From India, Madras
tsk.raman

Dear Ms. Poonam Gandhi,

Congrats! on your accomplishment.

When we get recognized or whenever we succeed, we often forget those who have helped us get this far. People who have appreciated us and even people who have pulled us up or been harsh to point out our mistakes/failures. This requires only a moment after every incident, as it helps you cultivate a 'habit of gratitude,' a trait that's fast eroding these days. People think they are qualified to succeed, they are equipped to succeed, and will succeed, but that's not the truth. When we’re caught up in our day-to-day routine, we easily overlook the people and things we appreciate. A daily reminder can give us a much needed happiness boost while also putting us in the gratitude mindset.

Make a list of at least three things you've come to appreciate in the company. If you deal with employees, find ways to personalize your appreciation.

I wonder if you heard of Sachin Tendulkar's speech made on the day he retired after the last test match he played for India, at the Wankhede Stadium, November 16, 2013. Please follow he link to read the text - India Cricket News: Sachin Tendulkar leaves with stirring speech | ESPN Cricinfo.

It was one of the soul stirring to say the least and perhaps the best I've ever heard in my life time. I had the good fortune of seeing it live, and therefore the impact was more, however, it could still leave a mark after seeing it for the first time by anyone. I really feel is that you or whoever who wishes to take a learning for the future should see this. You'll get a life time lesson of how to pay tribute for what you've received.

Aim to being a good human being.

Go on to win more such laurels for yourself, but just remember on little truth, "let no success or achievement get into your head! Have your feet firmly on the ground always and maintain utmost humility at all times."

Best wishes for an awesome career.

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.