Padmavathi. K
Hi All, I am Padmavathi. Preparing for State Government Public Service Examination. During college days I have appeared for IRDA Insurance Agent Examination and passed. My license valid from March 21, 2013 to March 20, 2016. I didn't actively worked as an insurance agent on or after the validity period. The license expired too. Recently I checked my PAN status in IRDA PAN look up portal. It was mentioned "Terminated for other disqualification condition (Regulation 7)" under the 'Status of Agency' column. Now my concern is.... Whether this will affect getting State Government job? If so how to solve the issue? Kindly help me out with your suggestions. Do I need to reach out to the insurance company which trained me for the exam and recruited? I don't know whether it is a problem or not. Do I need to surrender or cancel the license even after its expiry? Please guide me at what I want to do next. Thank you in advance
From India, Cochin
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Padmavathi K

It appears that the word "termination" has muddied the waters. Though your license was expired eight years ago, it is still haunting you. Your post is an example of tilting at the windmill!

The insurance advisers (not "agents" as you have referred to) do not have paid jobs. They work as freelancers. Therefore, there is no employer-employee relationship between the two. Even if it were to be there, the cause of termination was poor performance and not a criminal act. Therefore, more than "termination", it was a discontinuation of the relationship by the insurance company. Your separation from the company did not have any negative connotation. So stop worrying unnecessarily, and start preparing for the competitive examination.

Secondly, you have allowed the license to lapse. That was your choice. While selecting the candidate, why will any government agency check the cause of the non-continuation of the license? Your last question was whether you need to surrender your expired license. Since the life period of the license has expired, what is there to surrender?

Personal feedback: - The competitive examinations are conducted to select the staff for the government services. It includes tests on numerical aptitude, logical reasoning, English grammar, etc. But unwittingly your post brought to the fore your weakness in logical thinking and English. To be successful in the examination, you need to overcome these weaknesses!

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.