anilchaturvedi92@yahoo.com

Dear Sr.
I have 01 query that I am working as hr team in lime stone mine and there is more then 60 person is employed but there is no person has any specific designation like. blaster, magazine clerk, heavy earth moving operator and time keeper with HR they are all working as team member. so if any legal non compliance or any thin wrong with the same please guide me.
Regards
anil chaturvedi

From India, Pune
saiconsult

The state Government under Minimum Wages Act notifies minimum wages as per the category of employees. For this purpose it classifies employees as manual, skilled , semi skilled technical or clerical etc. Some time some State Governments may notify minimum wages as per designations like clerks or drivers or computer operators or cleaners etc. Therefore i t is better to have designations on the basis of the degree of skill, responsibility and value of their functions to ensure that they are paid wages appropriate to their category. If this is not an issue in your company, it is still advisable to classify them as this helps determining their salary structures and also provide a criterion to decide the quantum of incentives to be paid to them, if in future you contemplate any such scheme. .
Hope this helps
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour law Advisor

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.