Sanjeev.Himachali

Why you should get promotion or increment???
In some of the countries, this is a appraisal time and hence, I thought to ask all the employees (entrepreneurs; employers and self-employed people are not eligible to answer this question...):
Why do they think that they should get increment or promotion in the appraisal of this year???
What extra-ordinary or remarkable thing they have done at their workplace to get entitled for increment?
What are your expectations from this appraisal?
OK, you came to the office; you worked for X hours to complete your work or the targets given to you; you also achieved your targets with expected quality...so what, you have paid for that. Those are your KRA’s and you have been paid salary for that. What is so extra-ordinary you did this year at the work-place?
I am looking forward to some Extra-Ordinary replies...some mind-blowing performances and achievements of people.
Thanks and Regards
Always Learning...Sanjeev

From India, Mumbai
K.Ravi

Good post , after a long silence.
Lets see what our members have to reply.
Expecting most common replies like
curbed attrition
increased employees satisfaction
recruited X nos within X times..
and so on.
im still thinking on my extraordinary special reply

From India, Pune
maliniluky

Wow!!!!!!!!!! What an interesting thread. Friends come on lets discuss on this very old topic.

Discussion is on.....Yes we are paid for wat we do, lets forget about the mind-blowing performances and achievements of people. When directly coming to the point " Why Appraisal? I mean why should we think abt a hike (or) why should we give you a hike?

Tell me onething why there is a hike in prices of Petrol, Diesel, Vegetables, fruits, groceries, milk etc... whats so extra-ordinary in it..... we are using the same quality products that we used for the last year but yet the prices had gone up.

Almost 60% of population stay in rented houses, they stay in the same house for years together, no new benefits is given to them during that span intead the owner will rub some stupid rules and regulations, so there is nothing called as extra-ordinary there, then why do owners raise the rent every year....

Why do government increase the train and bus fare once in a while even though there services are not upto the mark? Why there is variation in inflation? Till date can you name any product or anything that you would like to put across whose price remained the same, i mean no change in price at all..............Answer is NO

If you can answer to these questions probably everyone can surely answer to your question too.

From India, Madras
balaji.venkatesan

I dont think this valuable question Mr. Sanjeev, i my view this is silly question you asked. see appraisal is nothing but it is a good recognization from management and recognisation of your performance. No one will work the same salary for a long, atleast once in a year or twice a year we should get appraisal/increment. Appraisal is must for Private firm. company utilizing our skills, energy, talent etc,etc.. so that they have to pay apart from salary. first tel me about you i mean are you working or enterprenuer or you are employer why you asked this question, i would like to know the reason behind this.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.