jayait2000

Well I work as Sr. Team lead in a company from past 4 years. I am doing very well and my work is always appreciated. However I had some conflicts with another lead who was reporting to me for 2 years. As I am very strict when it comes to work and see that all assigned work is done on time and expect the same from him as well. The Team Lead who was reporting to me was not completing any reports on time and always I used to ask him to complete the reports on time. In last year Jan he made a business trip to US with our manager and once they were back I was moved out of that project for no reason. When I questioned on the same no answer was given instead they asked me look after another project instead of the one I was into. As I was very upset (well I started that project from scratch and didn't wanted to leave it for no reason) and denied to move to the other existing project and later told that I will take the project along with the existing one.

Other than this there were no issues. Now my 4th year appraisal was delayed for 2 months. last week my manager called me to review the appraisal and started talking about the above thing, what ever feed back he gave to me was all false. I was shocked to listen to whatever he said and also felt bad.

1. He said I give feedback on floor (I never did it till now)

2. I am trying to take the credit for that project as it is settled now (well I don't have to take the credit at all, I have worked with several projects from scratch and I know what I am and also the manager knows it very well)

3. I did not move to other project when requested (I already mentioned about it)

4. I have enough time in hand and can be utilized in helping other teams ( I always do that, other team members always get in touch with me for help)

I was graded as B (never in life in last 9 years of experience). I was upset and literally crying I told him that I do not need this appraisal give me 2 months of time and will leave the job.

I am very upset and no even feeling to go to office because of this. I came to know that the Team Lead who was reporting to me has stated that he will resign the job if I am not moved out of the Team.

Please advice what can I do to solve this. I am not ready to accept it as it is not the truth.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Jayait,

You have written your point of view. We need to know the other side as well. Unless that it would not be fair to give comments.

Secondly, you have not written about HR. Did you approach HR when all this was happening? What are their views?

Thirdly, you have not written anything about your KRAs. In your appraisal what % is the measurable component and what % is the general component? For measurable component there is evidence hence there is no dispute on that part.

You have mentioned four points in your post. You could have asked time for your manager. Later in second meeting, you could have come up with counter-evidence.

Hope you are in the IT/ITES company. Interpersonal conflicts are common everywhere and your sector is no exception. Issues of this kind occur when staffs are not trained on (a) Conflict handling (b) interpersonal relationship (c) teamwork (d) How to conduct performance appraisal and so on.

Did you try for escalation of the matter with your seniors? Yes you may quit the job but I wish you to quit it honourably and without grumbling.

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.