Anonymous
Dear senior members, My friend is working in an insurance company. This was a sales job and high pressure was there. Some malpractices like taking money from customers manually etc. were involved, and all this was endorsed unofficially by all seniors due to fulfilling their targets. He has resigned and served 3 three-month notice periods, and laptop data was submitted to the company. After 45 days, he got the reliving and f & F settlement, and he joined the new company in some other sector. After 6 months of reliving, his boss started calling him and demanding some data, sometimes money. Now my friend is not picking up their calls. Somehow his boss got his family person no and told them there was some discrepancy by him and asked them to convince my friend to meet or call them. Otherwise, they will take some legal action.

As it has already been six months, he doesn't have any data. In this scenario, can they take legal action? Or can they inform the current company? Or do they just want to extort some money? Or if legal notice will be there what should be the action?

From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

If your friend was really involved in any financial irregularities the person who suffered loss or damage due to your friend's conduct can initiate legal action. For that time of limitation does not matter. The past employer can do it once he finds such irregularities. This may even damage the relationship that he has with the present employer. At the same time, if your friend is sure that he had not collected cash from the dealers or clients of the company or if the cash collected was deposited in the bank account or paid to the cashiers against vouchers/ valid evidence, then there is nothing to worry. Let the past employer take action, and your friend can face it.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Dear All,
My friend is just a sales manager and his boss is zonal sales manager. he told me it is very normal practice was in company to take the cash/money for achieving target and every person is doing it. Boss is having one screenshot around 10k rs to my friend account for which he is not finding any data. My friend is having some call recordings. He told their system is very porous and maximum this is a matter of 20-30 k rs. he is referring the case of apr-2023. Already audit has happened and he has given 3 month notice period.He is afraid that as their system is very unreliable, May be they can arrange some proof and frame him in big trouble. when he called his relative and explained the case, then his relative has asked him various other questions that he couldn't answer and told him that he also wants the solution amicably.

if they send some legal notice what should be the reply or along with notice can they file police complaint.?

From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

Against the notice he can give reply citing relevant documents and evidences. That is what he can do now. let him meet the past employer and BOSS and explore the possibilities of an amicable settlement also.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.