ranjit0101

Dear Friends,
There is a confusion in my mind regarding notice period. Suppose one employee serves notice for one month as per the appointment letter and shows irregularities in attendance. In the whole of month comes only for 12 days with three-four days gap in every instance.
please educate me in this regard, as i am waiting for a settlement case.
thanks & regards
ranjit samal

From India, Delhi
htdesai

Hi Ranjit, In the notice period leave can not be taken. The no. of days the employee has remain absent , the notice period should be extended for those many days. Cheers, Harshad
From India, Mumbai
harishs
Hi Frnds, Even i have the same doubt, please educate us. Should we recover reamining days notice period or not? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish S 99808 07270

kasp_c1
Dear All
The concept of notice period came into existance due to exiengency of work . It will give employer a recourse of not losing the men at the crucial time of Asssignment lest the employer would be compensated by virtue of notice pay .
It is upto the employer to grant or sanction the leave to the employee if he deemed it fit based on the fact provided by the employee undeer notice period .
If the employee is not on presanctioned leave from the employer , Management reserves every right to recover the same from the full and final settlement of the employee.
Hope it Clarifies .
Regards
Kapill

From India, Delhi
prathimareddy

I agree with kapil.. Employee is entitled to take leave only at the discretion of the employer.
Incase if the employee has leave balance in his account then he can very well make use of those during the notice period. Again it depends on the project. If the project demands the presence of the employee then the employee cannot utilize those leave. If the company has the policy of encashing the leave then he can encash those balance leave.
Incase of absentism then the same can be adjusted in full and final settlement considering it as an unathorized leave.

From India, New Delhi
shiburil@gmail.com
Dear Ranjith
As per your case he has to work for 30 days. In the Notice period if he makes himself absent for the no. of days can be recovered from the notice pay.
Suppose he goes for a sanctioned leave as he got leave on his account , he can avail those leave and that should not effect the notice pay. of couse his leave will be encashed for remaing leave .
for eg :
Notice period - 30
Days actualy worked --say - 17
Sanctioned leave - 8
Total days worked in notice period - 25
Notice period to be recoverd - 5 days
If you require more clarification please write to me at
Regards
S. Shibu

From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.