Rajib choudhury
Respected learned seniors,
I do have a query as an HR personnel in my last company from where I have resigned on 08/05/2024 and joined a new one. The previous company is a non profitable organization (Eye Hospital) controlled by a group of monks and is a type of NGO.

The query is related to gratuity payment eligibility where my senior always insisted I pay gratuities to resigned/retired staff members from the day when he/she is selected under a contractual role and not from the date they were selected under a trainee or probationary role. I have tried to convince my senior many a times that Gratuity depends upon continuous service without break (where probation/contract/permanent does not matter) but myself being a HR personnel, had to calculate my own gratuity from contractual date itself and submitted the same for approval, whereby, by doing so, I had to forego a good amount of my Gratuity amount. In addition to an application, I have also submitted Form I for the claim (They were unware of Form I although) but more one month has passed, I am still yet to receive the same.

Your valuable advice whether I am correct / wrong, is required.

From India, Bhubaneswar
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You can follow up with them for Gratuity payment through phone / by person. In case of extraordinary delay or if no proper response then you may appeal before Assistant Commissioner of Labour of your last company jurisdiction.

Yes you are right - For the purpose of Gratuity calculation it should be calculated from day one of joining and you can raise this as well before Assistant Commissioner of Labour.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.