No Tags Found!

krutika-hire
I started one activity in my organization: a knowledge-sharing session every month with one employee. Can anyone please suggest some other related activities with employees that can help them gain knowledge or that could be more interesting for all?
From India, Mumbai
sripadhr

Dear Krutika,

It's great that you've initiated a knowledge-sharing session! To further build on this, I would suggest first clarifying your primary intention—whether it’s to motivate the employee leading the session or to benefit all employees who attend. This will help guide the structure and objectives of the sessions.

In addition to the knowledge-sharing activity, you can consider HR-related sessions that focus on creating awareness about important topics like EPF and ESI,All other labour laws,Your company HR policies.
Many employees, even at the top level, may not have completed their e-nominations or enrolled their family members in EPF and ESI. A session led by one of the HR team members on this topic could be highly beneficial for everyone.

Other suggestions could include:
(1)Employee wellness sessions (focusing on mental and physical health)
(2)Skill-building workshops (on leadership, communication, or time management)
(3)Career development programs (guiding employees on growth opportunities within the company)
(4)Team-building activities (to enhance collaboration and camaraderie)
These activities can help engage employees and foster both personal and professional development across your organization.

From India, Karimnagar
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Krutika Hire,

It is a pleasure to note that you would like to initiate Knowledge Sharing (KS) sessions in your company. Sharing knowledge is a noble deed. Lord Krishna has said: न हि ज्ञानेन सदृशं पवित्रमिह विद्यते। (श्रीमद्भगवद्गीता, ४:३८) (it means there is nothing as sublime and pure as knowledge and the meaning in Hindi is ज्ञान के समान पवित्र और उदात्त दूसरा कुछ नहीं | )

I wanted to give a reply to your post long ago, but as I was preoccupied with something else, I could not do so. Somehow I found time today.

In the organisation, KS sessions can be intradepartmental or interdepartmental. Irrespective of the type, the sessions should be interesting and people should wait to attend such sessions. But there lies a risk also. In a zeal to display one's knowledge, employees should not download presentations from Google or take the help of ChatGPT, and pass them off as their own. Otherwise, KS sessions could foster a culture of copy and paste and could defeat the purpose of initiating KS sessions. A few could advantage of these sessions to hone their presentation skills, whereas the other few to improve their listening skills could remain listeners forever!

You can create the guidelines for the KS sessions. A few of them are as below:

a) The presenter needs to focus on a particular skill or a set of knowledge. He/she needs to tell how he/she acquired the skill, what were the sources and what challenges he/she faced in mastering the skill.

b) Furthermore how did he or she put into use the skill in day-to-day work? What challenges did he or she face while implementing the learning? What follow-up did he or she do to augment the skill set?

c) How the organisation or the department benefitted because of the implementation of a new skill set? How productivity was improved? On what parameters the increase was measured?

Final comments: - The KS sessions should foster healthy competition among the departments to present better sessions. The sessions should help in improving the general knowledge about other departments. Otherwise, if the monotony sets in, the interest in the sessions could fizzle out and so the initiative itself!

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.