No Tags Found!

nivedhitha

nice pics
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: gif att00131_315.gif (9.1 KB, 285 views)
File Type: gif att00128_162.gif (10.0 KB, 268 views)
File Type: gif att00125_133.gif (11.3 KB, 259 views)
File Type: gif att00122_115.gif (12.9 KB, 252 views)

bala1

Hi Nivedhita,

Superb cartoons from RK Laxman.

This is what he said when he got Padma Vibhushan:

Renowned cartoonist R K Laxman, who has been conferred with this year's Padma Vibhushan, today said he was both happy and satisfied that his "work has been recognised".

"It is a prestigious award and is the result of years' of efforts that I have put in since childhood".

"The award proves that in a democracy like ours, satire and humour are well appreciated", he added.

On the factors that had contributed to his success, he said, "The key factor was that I began at the right time during the post independence era. The new government provided ample material for ideas".

"I also believe in a lot of discipline and have never ignored my work. I work even when I am ailing", he said.

On whether the award would make any difference to his work, he said, "What difference can it make? The award has come because of the work that I have put in. I have always believed in improvising my work and in putting greater efforts in whatever I do".

Unquote

Some more cartoons.

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: gif cartoon6_160.gif (9.6 KB, 374 views)
File Type: gif cartoon9_171.gif (10.6 KB, 291 views)
File Type: gif cartoon1_489.gif (9.0 KB, 261 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.