bdpurohit
Friends, I want to know the difference between Shift & Relay under Factory Act 1948 Please help. Thanks B.D Purohit Noida
From India, Delhi
kknair

Dear Purohit: As per Factories Act, Shift is a portion of a day when one is to work. Normally shift refers to the eight hour period in which one is assigned to shift , referred as 1st,2nd,3rd shift or A,B,C shifts. I am unable to throw any light on relay under the Factories Act. Could be you be more specific. Regards : KK
From India, Bhopal
rajeevbhati1111
hello sir if i m right u r the manager of ds group in hr deptt.and u ask the same question.
From India, Faridabad
sanjaymehta1981
Hello Friends,
You may refer to Section 2 (Interpretation) of The Factory Act 1948.
(r) where work of the same kind is carried out by two or more sets of workers working during different periods of the day, each of such sets is called a "group" or "relay" and each of such periods is called a "shift".

From India, Kanpur
sanjaymehta1981
(r) where work of the same kind is carried out by two or more sets of workers working during different periods of the day, each of such sets is called a "group" or "relay" and each of such periods is called a "shift".
From India, Kanpur
umakanthan53

Group or Relay refers to the people as a whole working together or simultaneously on the same kind of work during the particular stretch of working hours. Each such independent stretch of working hours is called shift. Therefore, group or relay is the collective connotation of the people doing the same work at a particular stretch of time and shift is that particular time-stretch.
From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.