ACT

Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once. ~Lillian Dickson

For many, life is like a coin that we can toss and then tell ourselves Heads you win, Tails I lose. With an attitude like that, whatever the outcome thereafter, life will be a burden for one has reconciled to a fate of misery. Pause for a moment and see each day as a gift of a coin given by fate with no strings attached and we are free to use it any which way we want; suddenly life becomes more meaningful and delightful. Just as we can use the coin to buy an ice-cream, put it in a mite box, get a gift for a friend or family member or simply save it, life too offers us ample choices and it for us to make the best use of it.

For the average person, the 24 hours that we are gifted each day, can be broadly utilized in 3 different ways, each of approximately 8 hours each; sleep, work, personal time. It is not just we utilize the time that matters but also how and why we chose to utilize our time that has major bearing on making that ONE precious coin we have called LIFE, count. Just to explain further, at this point I have a choice to enjoy a favorite TV show or choose to write this blog. While I have chosen to write the blog, I am sure I would have no regrets about watching my favorite TV show, but then my blog would not get updated and that is something I may regret.

Managing our life has always posed a problem for 3 reasons. We do not know what we want from it, we are not prepared to pay a price for the things we sometimes know we want and there are too many distractions that compel us to abandon our well planned intentions. Obviously if we can try and come to grips with these 3 problems, there is a very high probability that we would find life exciting and exhilarating.

To understand what we want from life, click on this following link to a post that I have recently uploaded. Discovering the real YOU. « Actspot's Blog

To tackle the problem of minimizing the distractions and taking decisions that can help us make our life more meaningful click on the following link that again I have uploaded recently Decisions shape destiny…go on make up your mind « Actspot's Blog

The bigger problem still remains, that of reconciling to paying a price for whatever we want from life. It is essential to remember that barring some really blessed people, the overwhelming majority of people have to always choose between two equally pleasurable alternatives or equally damning alternatives.....

To read the entire post click on Actspot's Blog

Remember: I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~Elwyn Brooks White

Try this:

Make a list of the 5 things you have done that you regret the most. If you can, also analyze why you regret those actions and how you would have handled the situation differently.

Outline 2 social service causes that you are very interested in. How have you got involved in it? What more can you do to contribute to that cause? Do you think ...

This post is courtesy Academy for Creative Training

You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog

Inspirational Acronyms

From India, Mumbai
ACT

Hi AVS
Thank you for your appreciation of my post.
I often go through your daily contribution post which is both regular and inspirational. It is unfortunate that your thread has been closed by the moderator. I am sure you will start a new thread giving some fresh inputs regularly.
Warm regards

From India, Mumbai
ACT

Hi
Thanks Mr.India for your candid and favorable feedback. I hope you have had a chance to see the other posts in the blogs. Incidentally you can also become a follower of the blog and get the posts in your email in-box every time the blogs are updated. You can also rate the blogs and comment on the posts too in the blog itself.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
BARNBARN

See each day as a coin gifted by fate... that is quite an interesting way to view life. Unfortunately this is one coin we cannot hoard and we need to spend it immediately. That is the real challenge.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.