Jo_bhi_kahu_sach_kahu
Hello everyone, I have been working here for the past five years in one department, and my department head and its teammates have tortured me since my joining for an unknown reason. Since the start, they have kept me isolated, with no support from anybody, more work which increases time by time, obstruction in my regular work, and work abuse & followed by harassment & threats by teammates also.

Initially, I was not aware of my head's involvement in this, so I reached out to him time by time, but no response was received. I also informed him of the above activities by mail, but no action was taken by his side. Instead, he increased the flow of the above acts, and they started to find mistakes in my documents, but fortunately, I remained safe.

After remaining unsuccessful in a series of events, the day before yesterday, he took my complete work from me & asked me to think & take another work. Today when I meet him for new work so he told me to forget that & ask me to join the other department to finish the pending work of his best friends (he is also incharge of that department) the work is pending since past 1.5 years which my be get highlighted to higher management soon. I see that the intentions behind this act are not good as he wants to finish the work of his friends from me & try to save his prestige with upper management & in case of any error he may keep in front so that I may get sued by the company.

So I denied doing so, and my HOD told me to give new work from the same department. Upon my denial, my HOD asked me to sit at the office for 3 months without any work.
Now I am worried about my job as well as the intentions behind this 3-month no-work act. I need your opinion immediately to see the way forward as well as to understand the meaning of this act.

Please help me I am family man.

From India, Ahmedabad
Madhu.T.K

You have been with the organisation for a long 5 years, right? Still you are getting harassed by the gentleman? Don't you have a person above this so called HOD? Why don't you escalate the matter to that person or the Managing Director or any of the Key Management Persons in the organisation? That is the only solution for getting out of the situation that you are facing.
From India, Kannur
Jo_bhi_kahu_sach_kahu
@Ms. Madhu :
My HOD is vice president of the company & in my plant nothing will happen without his permission.

Today, my desk & pc also taken by his teammates, after this I feel very bad & I just communicated all this with plant head & CEO of the company 1st time ever but he ask me to do settlement & ask me to accept his proposal after taking meeting with him (as my HOD make me speechless by using his web of words). In meeting I kept proposal to relieve me without more harrasment & not to transfer another department but he strongly denied this & told to the plant head that he need to run the company so he need to serve the notice period in new department only.

Upon escalation nothing would happen to him but now he is more angry on me & he ask me to finish the work within 2 months irrespective of its quantity.

Now my condition is that, If I do resign & serve no notice period, then he will deduct my current month salary as well as my gratuity money as compensation. & If I do his work in another department then he will increase the level of torture & in case of any problem he will keep me infront so that he can beat 2 birds with single stone.

Please guide if any way available me to escape.

From India, Ahmedabad
Yaasmin

Dear Jo bhi

You shouldn't work in such environment for long period, mental peace and health is the most costliest thing, resign without notice period, take hit of 2 months and gift yourself with peach and health. Gratuity they cannot deduct, its governed by law.

Simultaneously write and email for resignation mentioning the toucher and treatment provided.

If you are correct in work behaviour, take it up on linkedin with company name.

From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

If you resign how can they adjust the notice pay against gratuity? No way they can forfeit your gratuity. That is a different law. But if you do not serve the notice period, they can make negative endorsements in the service records/ and even mention it in the background verification. That may spoil your career. At the same time if you are confident that it will not hurt your career, you should fight with the persons who harassed you legally. Please refer to the Standing Orders of your company for clarification regarding notice period. Unless otherwise provided in the Standing Orders, notice period from an employee who does not have any managerial powers is invalid. This is because an employee who comes under the scope of Industrial Disputes Act is not under any obligation to serve notice to leave the company. If your company does not have any certified standing orders of their own, then you have to move as per ID Act and get the protection of labour authorities.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.