No Tags Found!

shanmukh-rao4440454
I previously worked as an intern at an organization for two months, during which my EPF wages were 15,000, but no pension contribution was made; however, in service history, joining and ending dates for both EPF and EPS have been mentioned.

Based on the service history dates, I thought I was a member of EPS, and while joining my current organization, I submitted FORM 11 stating that I was a member of EPS. In my current organization (exempted trust) my wages are greater than 15000 but EPS contribution is being made based on FORM 11. Do I need to get my EPS contribution stopped or let it continue? If I need to get it stopped, how to do that? Or should I get my funds reallocated in my previous organization? Please clarify

From India
Madhu.T.K

If your salary in the first establishment was not more than Rs 15000, they should have contributed to EPS also. You can verify the same by checking the Passbook of contribution. It is always good if you have Pension contribution along with PF contribution maintained in the Trust. Therefore, if the first organisation had not put Pension fund contribution, ask them to do it so that you can proceed with it through current organisation.
From India, Kannur
shanmukh-rao4440454
Thanks Madhu T K for your response.
I did check my passbook, no pension contribution is made even though pf wages are 15000. I have tried contacting the HR they said I was not eligible for eps hence no contribution was made. I have attached my passbook for reference. Should I raise a grievance in EPFO portal?

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: png epf passbook.PNG (76.2 KB, 0 views)

Madhu.T.K

Yes, you should proceed with a compliant before the EPFO saying that you were rightly eligible for pension fund contribution because your PF qualifying salary was not more than Rs 15000.
From India, Kannur
jeevarathnam

Hi Shanmuk

I thing total wages in previous organisation was more than Rs. 15,000/- & they would have restricted EPF wages to Rs. 15,000/- in such scenario EPS is not applicable.
If that is the case ask your current organisation to stop the EPS & also request them to rectify the same

From India, Bangalore
shanmukh-rao4440454
Hi Jeevarathanam,

Thanks for your response. Could you please explain the statement "restricted EPF wages to Rs. 15,000/- " and is this allowed. And if my total wages are more than 15000, shouldn't the pf contribution be made according to the total wages. Also in my service history both DOJ and DOE EPS have been mentioned. Could you please clarify? Service history is attached for reference

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: png service history1.png (20.4 KB, 0 views)

jeevarathnam

Hi Shanmuk

As per the EPF Act Wages Ceiling Limit Rs. 15,000/-. Based on the Act only previous employer would have restricted to Rs. 15,000/-. Also there is provision for higher EPF contribution & few organisations follow the Higher contribution as well.

Please note many of the manufacturing organisations & few service sectors restrict EPF to Max of Rs. 15,000/-
Many Service Sectors & very few manufacturing industries will contribute in total basic.

There is no harm in mentioning the Date of Joining & Exit in EPS

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

Even if the total wages is more than Rs 15000, if the wages on PF is contributed is Rs 15000, then the same would be deemed to be the PF qualifying salary, and in such situation the employer is expected to give Pension Fund coverage also to the employee.
From India, Kannur
shanmukh-rao4440454
Hi ,
I raised a grievance in EPFO portal regarding this issue. I got a response stating that "no claim received, kindly apply claim for processing the same" does it mean that I have to apply for a transfer request for the funds in my previous organization into my current organization. But then my entire funds would be transferred to my current pf account and no amount would be allocated to EPS account right? Or is it that the previous employer can reallocate my funds only if I apply for transfer request. Please clarify

From India
Madhu.T.K

Yes, the transfer request should be initiated only after the first employer has reallocated the funds to Pension Scheme. Otherwise, the EPFO will hold the transfer.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.