aare-vaishali
Hello folks, I worked for one year and ten months with X company; due to some personal reasons, I left company X. But they haven't provided me with any reliving letter even though I asked for one month. In that X company, my PF was generated. What to do now? If an MNC company gets a BGV done, will that end my career because of a missing reliving letter?
From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

No. Just for the reason of not submitting relieving letter from a company no one's career would come to an end. It is a common practice among unprofessionally managed companies not to give relieving letter. If you mention the same in your CV itself, like, reason for leaving is unprofessional management with a remark in the remarks column that "No relieving/ service letter available", the matter could be solved. You need not hide the service with that company, but you should expose it by telling that you left the company just because they were not professional and the HR climate was not good.

A company which is offering an employment on your above disclosure will not initiate to get a background verification done. Afterall aa background verification is not a mandatory procedure as per any law in India. And, if a company is not accepting your 'remarks' about the previous company, certainly, never join that company because that company would also be like the previous company and would take background verification just to avoid you even after your joining that company.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.